Hello! I am Mike Hadlow. I am a software developer, based in the UK. I’ve been building software professionally for over 20 years using Microsoft development tools and technologies and since 2002 primarily with .NET. Since 1998 I have worked as an independent contractor with my own consulting company, Suteki Ltd. During that time I’ve worked on a large range of projects in many different industries, ranging from finance and insurance to the music business. I’ve specialized in large scale software development and focussed particularly on distributed event driven architectures. More recently I’ve been focussed on cloud architectures, including Kubernetes. My role has varied from software developer to chief software architect along with a small number of non-coding consultancy engagements.
I’m always very interested in hearing about new opportunities, so please contact me to talk about my availability.
I’m an active open source developer. I’m the original author of EasyNetQ, the most popular .NET client for the RabbitMQ message server, although I’m no longer active on the project. In my spare time I currently develop and maintain Guitar Dashboard, a music theory explorer for guitarists.
I have particular experience and interest with the following:
- Modern development practice: continuous integration and delivery, Test-driven, GitOps, DevOps.
- The Microsoft .NET software development stack including C# since version 1.0.
- Cloud architecture, with a specific interest in Kubernetes.
- Web / HTTP implementation, particularly highly scalable web services.
- Large scale architectures, including microservices / SOA and messaging.
- Application architecture. I’m particularly interested in issues around composition.
- Functional programming in C# and F#.
- I relish implementation challenges such as complex systems integrations, authentication systems, parsers etc.
Recent clients have included the following:
- 7 Digital 7digital is Europe’s leading B2B digital media platform provider. I helped 7digital build large parts of the Juke.com platform back-end, including authentication, payment systems and partner integrations (such as the SONOS music player). Juke is a streaming music platform built for Media Saturn to serve the German market.
- 15below 15below is the world’s leading airline integration services company. I was their chief software architect and helped build their development team. I introduced a successful message based architecture and helped them move to modern software development practices.
- The Pensions Regulator TPR is the UK agency for pensions regulation. I was their chief software architect. I also lead the team which implemented their bespoke case management solution.
- The Civil Aviation Authority The CAA is the UK’s aviation regulator. I helped architect and implement the UK’s aircraft registry.
- ACE Insurance ACE Insurance (now Chubb Limited) is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. I architected and implemented a number of systems integration projects and mentored the team on service oriented architecture and web service implementation.
- Virgin Media Virgin Media are the UK’s leading cable TV and telephone provider. I helped implement the digital TV provisioning system.